Friday, June 12, 2015

Commodore Build

A few months back, I ran across a post over at Hackaday telling the story of a Kickstarter trying to put the original C64 injection molds back into production making enclosures.

http://hackaday.com/2015/03/11/hackaday-retro-edition-a-new-commodore-64-case/

I never had the pleasure of owning a C64, but I always wanted to play around with one, especially with some of the MIDI sequencer software floating around.  I couldn't help myself, and decided to back the Kickstarter and get one of the enclosures.  After hearing a horror story about a factory fire from the Kickstarter update, I started to doubt that the enclosure would ever show up... Until today today, when I received a mysterious package containing...



I am still working on sourcing a board, but I have a line on several non-functional ones.  I'm hoping that with a couple bad boards, the original schematics, and some soldering iron time, that I can cobble together a working C64.  Having the enclosures sitting here certainly makes the project feel more likely to actually happen.  Stay tuned for more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment