Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Back for more...?

So, all these years later, I decided to give DettuxX another try (I mean... we have VM's now... why not), and was able to get it installed, bootable, and on the interwebs last night...  Thats when I remembered just how much of a bitch it is.  I, by some act of God, was able to get gcc compiled, but that's about as far as I got before I started running into... problems.  In order to compile most things, you need to have sort (which was a part of textutils when the distro was released... now textutils has been rolled into coreutils).  Unfortunately, there's a circular dependancy there.  Textutils requires sort to successfully configure, and sort is a part of Textutils...  Guess it's time to evaluate busy box, and the prospect of cross compiling textutils on another machine and copying it over...  Joy...

No comments:

Post a Comment