Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Techno-Masochism

First, I think a few definitions are in order, and possibly an explanation of this blog in general.

Main Entry:
techno-
Function:
combining form

Etymology:
technology
Main Entry:
mas·och·ism
Pronunciation:
\ˈma-sə-ˌki-zəm, ˈma-zə- also ˈmā-\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
1: Pleasure in being abused or dominated : a taste for suffering
Therefore, we have a blog, about someone who has "a taste for suffering induced by technology", which brings us to the topic at hand... Dettuxx...
Probably the world's nastiest Linux-distribution.
This blog will chronicle my adventures in the installation and configuration of Dettuxx. For now, I will be writing from the comfort of my Apple iBook G4, but hopefully, if all goes according to plan (I'm sure it won't), I will be posting from Dettuxx very shortly.

To start everyone off with some reading material: http://www.dettus.net/dettuxx/

No comments:

Post a Comment